After much debate & swaying between different options, I came to a conclusion (with the help of my awesome husband) that if I put my mind to it, I could fairly easily get to my goal weight in 4 - 6 weeks (I only want to lose about 10 more lbs). I'm okay at maintaining my weight so hopefully once I get there I don't have to be a freak about working out & all that. Much easier said than done, and who knows if it'll work the way I want it to? So instead of spending money when I don't really need to, I've just decided to buckle down & use the things I already have to get my workouts in. I have workout videos & I have a workout room at my condo complex that I can use once in a while. I know myself well enough that if I just worked out "whenever I have time" or whenever I get around to it, it'll take me several months to lose those 10 lbs. If I commit to working out 5-6 days a week & watching my portions than I think I'll be able to lose those 10 lbs in less than 2 months. So that's what I'm going to do. This month I've been trying to be a bit more active...but I don't think just taking the stairs more & doing what Josh likes to call "p-jacks" (doing 30 jumping jacks every time I go to the bathroom) is really going to get me to lose the weight I want to lose.
So Starting today (Monday, August 16th):
-I'm going to work out 5-6 days a week, at least 30 minutes a workout, until I get to my goal weight (hopefully I will get there in 4-6 weeks)
-I'm also going to watch my portions & focus on getting at least 5 fruits & veggies per day. (I'm super bad at getting my fruits & veggies every day.)
-So I feel more motivated, I'm going to update my progress on here way more faithfully than I have in the past. Feel free to skip those posts ;)
I'm really hoping this will work out & that I can get down to my goal weight fairly quickly. :)
This morning I started my morning by doing P90X's Ab Ripper X (hard work-out!) & tonight before I get to bed I will do P90X's Kenpo workout. I'll keep you updated!
1 comment:
Good for you! You can totally do it! :) I am soo awful at eating healthy right now too. ha It is hard for me to even get working out and feel motivated about it and I only have one child. ha
Post a Comment