Monday, January 21, 2013

July - August

I don't have a lot of pictures for these two months because they are still on my phone. It's a long story which I will explain in another post. I have some on my computer, but I can't get to the rest right now. Hopefully I will be able to get them soon and when I do I'll post more.
At the beginning of July Ginelle and I took our kids to the paleontology museum at BYU. Sofia, Anna, Steven
Steven and Anna riding on some fossils
This summer was a really hot one and there were several forest fire throughout the valley. This is the view from my balcony of the fire in American Fork Canyon
I don't remember everything we did on the 4th of July. I believe Josh went golfing with his brothers and dad and I may have taken the kids to the water park, but I'm not sure. I did make them these "flag" pancakes for breakfast, though
Sofia's has to be covered in whipped cream, of course ;)
 For lunch I made star-shaped (okay, I attempted to make stars because I didn't have a cookie cutter) grilled cheese

 Styling in their shades on the 4th
 I also cut out white and blue stars and let them color them and put stickers on them
 Then we put them up on the red ribbon
 I got the original idea from Pinterest and I do it pretty much year-round. I have orange ribbon that I put on in the fall and attach cool leaves to, and then at Christmas I put up red ribbon and attach our Christmas cards. Last year I didn't ever take down the Christmas ribbon, but then I decided to make it into 4th of July ribbon. 
 We went to the Macaroni Grill on the night of the 4th (I think I had a free meal coupon)
 After dinner, we went to Josh's brother's house, had snacks, and lit off fireworks.

I found Sofia in the bathroom "shaving" like Daddy one day. Fortunately, the cover was on the razor
 In July I was FINALLY able to go see the musical "Wicked"!! The last time it came to Utah, the tickets sold out too quickly for me to get any. I waited online for quite a while before being able to get the tickets, and even then, they weren't great, but I still got to go! My friends Amanda and Meghann were able to go as well :)
 Sofia trying out goggles. I love this picture :)
 We tried to go to the water park one afternoon but it had closed early that day so we went to a splash pad near by


No comments: