Over Labor Day weekend, my sister and her family, my brother, nephew, and my little family all went up to Bear Lake in Northern Utah. I have lived in Utah for most of my life and had never been up there so I was excited to go. We stayed in a resort because I don't love camping (especially with kids), and I am so glad we did! We had wanted to go up earlier in the summer, but there weren't any rooms available for more than one night so we went over Labor Day weekend. We were thinking it wouldn't be too cold because it had been such a hot summer, but we were very wrong! It was really chilly the whole time we were there. I think the high was probably 65*, maybe 70*. We still had lots of fun and hopefully will be able to go again soon.
My brother and nephew followed us up there and this is a picture while we were at a stop light
Beautiful country up there!
We got there a little too early to check in so we went to the part of the lake that was closest to us. It was a good area for kids to play because it was really shallow. (My nephew took most of these pictures)
We were seriously about 30 feet out into the lake and it was only this shallow!

Steven had been sick earlier in the week and still wasn't feeling too hot

I swear I'm not usually on my phone this much but I was trying to figure out where my sister was and when she was going to meet us. Don't you love that Josh is wearing Sofia's hat? ;)
Sofia was happy to be there
Walking back to the car
I let the kids get out of the car while Josh checked us in. I'm sure you can guess, but she's standing next to a big bear carving
I don't remember what we were talking about but I do know that Ginelle walked in on "chlamydia"

Just hanging out playing games
Love Ginelle's face in this one ;)
My brother, Marc, and I. We act like such goof-balls when we get together
My niece, Ashley
Marc
We were going on a walk after dinner. Ballerina Marc? ;)
Sofia on our walk. On our walk we saw a sign that said "Air temperature: 52*, water temperature 72*". How wrong is that??
Jake at the dock we walked to
Ginelle
Josh loves to photo bomb. This is the best one we got

Beautiful sunset at the marina
Ashley

Jake thinks this should be on the cover of the Ensign. I think he was trying to keep up on his reading for his religion class
We went to the lake again on Sunday. It was REALLY cold and we didn't really get in
The kids had fun building a sand castle
After the cold lake, we went back to the resort and swam in the indoor pool.
The day we left, we drove up to Paris, Idaho to see these ice caves. There is ice in these caves that never melts. I was definitely expecting something cooler but it was still fun.
Me holding up the cave ;)
Marc and some random person
Marc, me, Sofia
Marc and Jake went further into the cave and were using the flash on their cameras as "flash lights" and to take pictures
Another opening into the cave
























No comments:
Post a Comment