Thursday, August 12, 2010

3 months!

Sofia is now 3 months old.  It's crazy how fast time flies.  It's really weird to have a second kid for me.  And I don't really mean because it's like ridiculously hard or that kind of thing.  I mean because I've forgotten when Steven started doing certain things.  Steven seems so much bigger & older than Sofia so I still consider her to be a newborn.  I forget that at 3 months Steven was playing with toys & starting to show interest in rolling over & wanting to sit up.  Steven seemed so much bigger & older faster than Sofia is seeming to me.  The other day I realized that Sofia was bored & wanted to be looking at things.  It was like a light bulb went off in my head & I thought, "Oh yeah!  I should probably start getting out some toys for her...she is getting older..."  I'm sure I will always feel this way a little bit.  Steven seems like he so much older than he is sometimes & Sofia is just the opposite.  I'm guessing there are a lot of parents out there that feel that way.

So some milestones:
-I'm not sure how much she weighs but I'm thinking around 11 - 11 1/2 lbs.
-She's sleeping through the night (hooray!).  She'll fall asleep around 10 & wake up at about 5:30.  She wakes a little earlier than I'd like, but I can't really complain.
-She still sleeps a lot during the day but is also getting more & more interactive & wanting to play.
-She'll smile & coo at us all the time.  She's only full-out laughed once or twice.
-There's not a ton other that's going on because, really, she's only 3 months & basically all they do is eat, sleep, & poop. ;)

I'll post pictures later.

No comments: