Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Toddler Bed


Yesterday I put Steven in time-out in his crib.  When I came in to get him I found him on top of his changing table. It's attached to his crib, as shown in the above picture.  He's never been able to climb out of his crib or even onto his changing table before. We've been waiting to change his crib into a toddler bed until he was starting to climb out on his own.  Why fix it if it ain't broken, right?  When Josh came home we decided to convert it into a toddler bed that night.  We had decided that we would leave his room door cracked a bit and then if he came out we would put him back in bed.  We wanted to make sure he still knew that he was supposed to sleep when we put him in his bed.  Steven didn't come out at all so Josh peeked into his room to see what was going on.  He was sitting on the edge of his bed swinging his legs & pouting a little.  He went to sleep pretty quickly, though, with very little noise.  (Yay!)
This morning I went into Steven's room when he started making noises for a while but didn't come out.  His blanket was on the bed but he was no where to be seen.  At first I thought that maybe he'd come out before I went in and I just didn't see him. I called for him and he started making noises.  I found him on the floor, half-way underneath his bed.  No blanket, no pillow.  Wait it gets better.  He had also taken all of his clothes as well as his diaper off.  He has taken his pajamas off at night but never his diaper.  I guess there's a first time for everything!  And no wonder he was crying! The floor in his room are hardwood and cold in the morning, especially if you're naked.  His first night in his toddler bed could've definitely been worse but we'll definitely have a good story to tell! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha...that is hilarious! :) good story and great to document it! Too bad you didn't get pictures of the act. Wouldn't have been great to show on his first date. ha