This year we spent Thanksgiving with Josh's family at the Grand America Hotel in downtown Salt Lake. This is our third Thanksgiving as a married couple and the first one with Josh's family. That's a little sad! Josh's mom likes the idea of not actually having to spend the whole day cooking; she'd rather just enjoy the food and not have to clean up! I have to say that after this year I'm beginning to agree with her. In my family, Thanksgiving takes all day to prepare and there's lots of great food. Some of my favorite memories are spent in the kitchen, on Thanksgiving and otherwise. I love the food my mom makes and I definitely missed her stuffing this year. It was nice to have such a huge variety of food, however, and NO CLEAN UP! Both ways are awesome, and it's so nice to be able to have the option of doing something different.
Turkeys made out of bread

Turkey ice sculpture

Plate #1. They had a build-your-own-crepe station

Plate #2. I actually did not eat any turkey that day. Lamb & prime rib but no turkey (I'm actually not that big of a fan)

Plate #3

Plates #4 &5. They stole this crepe before I was done!

My sister-in-law Chirin. She had a small amount of "real" food and then went straight for the desserts. To each their own!

Chirin's own little jar of jam. Fancy!

Chirin needed some coke after all that dessert because she got nauseated. Silly girl.... ;)

Chirin found the candy after all that dessert. She discovered jawbreakers. Now a new favorite

Grandpa and Steven

Josh & I. He refuses to make normal faces!

Josh's family; L-R: Jeremy, Josh, me, Steven, Chirin, Rhonda, David, Steve

Steven, Josh, & I
4 comments:
I am so jealous! That would have been so much fun! But, I definitely do love cooking on thanksgiving with my family too. This was actually our 3rd thanksgiving together too, and the first one with luke's family too.
Cute family picture! :) James never makes a normal face either...I think it just happens once they are supposed to be normal. ha About my not having stretch marks yet...YET is the key word. ha I still have three and a half months left to get lots. One of my friends didn't get them until the very last month of her pregnancy. I'm hoping I don't get them...but I'm still pregnant and have lots of time to go. ha
I love the turkey bread! That is awesome!
That really is a cute family picture.
Look how beautiful and blonde you are! I love reading your blogs; You make everything seem so fun!
Post a Comment