Saturday, December 13, 2008
Wicked
So the broadway musical "Wicked" is coming to Salt Lake City in April. It will be here for about a month. Tickets went on sale yesterday. I was at work and I checked the website when I had a minute (it was a slow day) but our internet is slow and I think there were a TON of people trying to get on that website. Anyway, I checked again when I got home and EVERY show, we're talking like 30 or more shows, was sold out. In a matter of hours, 30+ shows sold out. How crazy is that? And it's not necessarily because a ton of people bought tickets, it's because many many people who stood in line and got on line right at 10 am bought extra tickets so they could scalp them. By the time the tickets were sold out, there were already ads online for tickets at double (or more) the face value of the ticket! Now, I understand the appeal of wanting to make a buck, especially around Christmas time. And yes, scalping is an easy way to do it. But seriously! I have been wanting to see this musical for over 4 years. Now when it FINALLY comes to Utah I can't go, due in large part to scalpers. Who knows if I would've been able to get a ticket anyway, but all those people buying extra for profit certainly didn't help. It's very frustrating. I still plan on seeing it some day but I really am not willing to pay $300 a ticket for crappy seats.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
are you serious?! I so wanted to buy tickets for mike's bday. now what are we going to do?!
Post a Comment