I still haven't gotten around to posting pictures (sorry!) but I do have them, I promise!
On Saturday the 11th (Steven's actual birthday) Josh, Sofia, & I took him bowling. We'd never taken him before but I thought he'd enjoy it. When we were in California for my mom's birthday, we went to this little Western/gold mining town & along their main street they had a old-school bowling alley. He really liked that one so I thought it would be fun to take him for his birthday.
We got him bumper lanes & a ramp to make it easier for him. At first he thought it was pretty cool but then he discovered the ball return. He was completely fascinated! He just wanted to stand there & watch the balls come back up. (Thankfully no little hands were hurt!) It got to the point where he didn't even really want to have his turn. He'd go over to the ramp, half-heartedly push the ball & then run back over to the ball return to watch the ball come back up. It was pretty funny. I was afraid that with the bumpers & ramp that he would get a better score than I would! (I am notoriously a bad bowler.) I was pleasantly surprised that I did fairly well. I got several spares so I was pretty happy. All-in-all it was a pretty good time.
On our way out of the bowling alley my sister called to sing to Steven. He's never been all the interested in actually talking on the phone (although he loves to play with mine) but he was grinning from ear to ear while listening to her on speaker phone. Very cute. :)
After bowling we got some pizza to take home. Steven LOVES pizza (a child after my own heart). If he even hears the word he will bug you about wanting pizza for quite some time. He will eat the left-overs for every meal until they are gone if you let him. This particular evening we got it from Dominos. I have to say that they have done an excellent job with "re-vamping" their pizza. That night my pizza was not as good, though. They didn't put their new garlic seasonings on the crust & let me tell you - that definitely makes the pizza. On the box it says "if you are not completely satisfied, give us a call." Well I wasn't, so I called & got a free pizza! Woot!
Sunday we had a family party with my siblings as well as with Josh's family. Steven was VERY excited to see his cousins. He loves to play with other kids, especially his cousins. He got very spoiled with presents but he wasn't all that interested in them. The problem with a large amount of presents for a little kid is that they want to look at the present they just opened but there are lots more to open. After a little while he got up and ran into his room & sat on his bed calling, "Anna! Anna!" (my niece) He was much more interested in playing than opening presents that he couldn't even really look at ;) I made him some lemon cupcakes with amazing cream cheese frosting (if I do say so myself). I had given him one before the party (it was a "sacrificial one" to test the amount of frosting it needed) & he did not like the frosting. I had meant to leave one without frosting but I got carried away with the frosting & it didn't happen.
All around it was a good birthday if I do say so myself. He got a bunch of sports stuff (basketball hoop, soccer ball, kids' golf clubs, t-ball set) at Josh's suggestion & he's been having a ton of fun with them. I think Josh wants to expose him to as many sports as possible when he's younger to get him going. I'm all for it, too, because I want my kids to be active & be involved in activites.
When I have more time, I'll post some pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment