Saturday, January 31, 2009

Hair boredom

I will admit, I suffer from what is known as "hair boredom". ;) Ever since middle school when I starting putting highlights in my hair, I got bored with the color, cut & look of my hair fairly quickly. I've been blonde, red, brown, short, long, permed, straight, & everything in between. For the past few years I haven't done TOO many extreme things (aside from chopping of all of my hair & dying it a dark chesnut brown...) but lately that itch has been coming back. Since about February or March of last year, I've been trying to grow my hair out. It's grown about 6-7 inches since then, which I'm pretty proud of. But now I'm torn. Currently I have blonde-ish hair that is about 5-6 inches past my shoulder. I can't decide if I want to continue to grow it out but add more blonde or chop it off. Below are some pictures of styles I like for both ways. I would really appreciate any input or votes :) Thanks!

Miley Cyrus. I really like the big curls. I have liked her hairstyles for a while, especially when it's so full & curly like this. This was originally what I wanted my hair to look like when I started to grow it out (except probably not the same color). However, my only worry is that my hair is pretty fine & I'm afraid it might look even more so with the weight of added hair.
Kristen Storms. From the Disney channel to General Hospital...She appeared on The Bachelor last week & I LOVED her hair! I think I want a similar color even if I don't go with that cut. Josh is convinced that if I cut it, I'll start complaining that I can't do anything with my hair. Maybe true...
Again, any input or ideas would be very much appreciated! I'm visiting my sister, the hair-stylist, next week & need a plan :)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh...I am torn too! ha I think both of them would look really good on you! Maybe you could do a drastic A-line hair cut so it is short in the back but you still have length in the front. Definitely blonde would be super cute! :) can't wait to see what you decide on!

Denise said...

I personally like the short cut and I think the blonde color would look cute! Or maybe you could do a light brown with blonde highlights? If you do decide to cut it short, I'm sure you'll find cute ways to do your hair cause your hair ALWAYS looks good!

Jen said...

I think you should definitely do the blonde color (it's so easy to put color back on if you don't like it)and wait on the cut for a while. The color alone might be enough to satiate your 'hair boredom' for a while.

Philip said...

Phil and I both agree that you should go with the short hair! Of all the styles you've always had I (MeChel) think you always have looked the prettiest with the shorter ones!

Rachel said...

I like the blonde short one too.
Hair grows back right?