Thursday, January 8, 2009

Resolutions

Well, it's that time of year again. I've always heard that it's easier to continue with or succeed at a goal when you tells others about it. I'm hoping that by posting my current goals for 2009 that I will be a little more motivated to live up to them.

1. As with many people, weight loss is my main goal this year. I've lost all of my baby weight, and then some, so I am very proud of myself so far. When I got pregnant, however, I was already a bit chubbier than I'd like to be so now I'm trying to lose that weight. I've always had a hard time losing weight in the past. I really love food and I've always said, "I'm not big enough to really care enough about losing those extra pounds." It was almost as if I was saying that I had to get bigger in order to be motivated to lose weight. Seeing the weight I've lost already, however, is a big motivater for me. I don't have too much more to lose so I'm hoping to have lost the majority of it by mid-February when it is said that most resolution's fizzle out.

2. Another big goal for both Josh & I is to get out of debt as quickly as possible. It's such a burden to be in debt and I really want to learn from this experience and not make the same mistakes when we're older. If I could cut down our debt by at least 50%, I would be extremely happy.

2 comments:

Dallin & Ashley said...

Ya good luck with those resolutions...more power to you...I've stopped making them cause I feel worthless every time I don't keep them hahaha

Anonymous said...

Resolutions are tough man! I make them every year I think I've only kept like 3 out of the 7 I can remember making!
I was so excited to have gotten below pre pregnancy weight and then over the holidays I gainded SEVEN POUNDS! AGH!
So, those will be coming off, and by this summer I WILL be at my goal! By Phoebe's first birthday.
Good luck with everything! Debt is a tough one too we'll be able to pay off all of our hospital bills come tax time so I'm uber excited!!
Hope to talk you ya soon!