Sunday, November 24, 2013

Month of Gratitude Continued

Day 6: Today I am grateful for my sweet little man, Steven. He is such a silly, sweet, helpful, energetic, imaginative boy & I am so grateful to have him in our family!

Day 7: I am so grateful for my amazing sisters & mother: Myrna, Heather, Lisa, Ginelle, Sammy, Deborah, Mary, & Janelle.
Day 8: today I am grateful for all of the great women in my life who are almost like sisters  (I tried to tag these ladies yesterday, but I guess it won't let me tag more than a certain amount) Amanda, Jennifer, Kim, Lisa, Jen & Savanah
Day 9: today I'm grateful for beautiful Fall days! I love Fall, it's probably my favorite season 
Day 10: After watching the Primary Program at church, I am reminded how precious, wonderful, & insightful children truly are. I am so grateful that I have been blessed to be a mother & I am also equally grateful that I have been able to help give that gift to two other women through surrogacy.
Day 11: I am so grateful for all the amazing men & women who are serving & have served in our military to keep our country safe. THANK YOU!
Day 12: today I am grateful to have married into such an awesome family. I met Joshua's family on our second & third date & for a while said,"I'd marry him just for his family!" And a special thanks goes to my father-in-law Steve, who has treated me like his daughter from day one 
Day 13: I am so grateful that I have such amazing brothers! They are the best! Don, David, Marcus
Day 14: I am grateful for technology, especially the ability to keep in touch or reconnect with people that are no longer [geographically] close to me. I also love that we can use things like Skype or FaceTime to make video calls with people who are far away. Remember when we thought video calls were super awesome things of the future?
Day 15: today I'm grateful for books. I don't get to read as often as I used to, but I love getting carried away in a good story & falling in love with the characters.
Day 16: today I'm grateful for the amazing people I've met through my surrogacy journeys, especially my fellow surro mamas. I'm grateful for the things I've learned, the times we've shared and because I met two of my best friends because of surrogacy. — with Amanda and Jennifer.
Day 17: I'm grateful that I have family (on both sides) that lives close to me. I love it when we get to do family dinners!
Day 18: I am grateful that my mom & sisters (especially Heather) taught me how to cook & bake & passed their love for it on to me. It has served me well as an adult.
Day 19: I'm grateful that Joshua works so hard so that I am able to stay home with my kids. I am grateful that if I choose to go to work it is because I want the job, not because I HAVE to work.  
Day 20: today I'm grateful for music. It really is so powerful & can make you feel so much. I love that music can make me feel better. About to put that to good use & go have some fun at Zumba. I'm going to be 15 minutes late, but I need the endorphin boost tonight.
I'm also grateful for yesterday.

Day 21: I'm grateful for modern conveniences like my dishwasher, fridge, washing machine, stand mixer & magic eraser. I'm also grateful that my kids still like to help me clean!
Day 22: I'm grateful to be alive & have the life I have.
Day 23: today I am grateful for all my loving family & friends! And I am also so grateful for all the sweet birthday wishes yesterday! Thank you guys so much! I feel truly loved!

No comments: