This Thanksgiving we spent with Josh's family again. And yes, we did go to the Grand America brunch again. It's so good, what can I say? This was a little different, though.
Apparently there are two events on Thanksgiving day at the Grand America. One is a buffet & one is a brunch. Apparently the brunch is the one we usually go to & the one that has more variety. No one told this to my mother-in-law when she set up the reservations (nor did they mention it the several subsequent times that they called to confirm) & we mistakenly signed up for the buffet. It had a lot of the same food, and the food was great, there just wasn't as much variety as the one we usually go to. The atmosphere was much better this year, though, because it was much quiter, more intimate, and a lot less crowded. However, I'm pretty sure we'll be going to the bigger one next year...the variety just can't be beat.
After we ate, Josh & his younger brother went over to their brother, Jeremy's, and played Halo for a while. That evening, Chirin, my mother-in-law, & I continued our tradtion of a Thanksgiving Day movie & saw Morning Glory. (If you haven't seen it, I would recommend it. It's pretty darn funny.)
The rest of the weekend was pretty relaxing. I don't really enjoy shopping in general so I didn't join the masses for Black Friday shopping. I did, however, go shopping on Saturday with a good friend of mine...but that was more about spending time together than anything. Also on Saturday we had some friends over for game night which was a ton of fun. :)
I was only able to upload a few pictures this morning before work so I will be adding more hopefully today.
This is Sofia & I in front of a Christmas tree at the Grand America after we ate.
1 comment:
Peas Louise, its lovely to get a glimpse of your life, thanks so much for blogging even as much as you do. (I know I SUCK at it... speaking of which I should go upload some pics to OUR blog... lol) Love you!
Post a Comment