Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Halloween

A bit late, I know. I think I've mentioned this before, but although I do have time at work to blog, I don't have access to my pictures so I hate posting things without pictures. Therefore, I put things off until they are late. Anyway, this Halloween was pretty fun! Last year I invited my siblings that live here over to my house to carve pumpkins the week of Halloween. I decided to continue that tradition this year. My family came over the Sunday before Halloween & we had dinner before carving the pumpkins. (Thanks, Ginelle, for the yummy soup!) I also associate donuts with Halloween (I'm not sure why...it probably comes from my mom) but since it was Sunday I didn't really want to go buy some & I didn't want to buy them a day early & then be stale. So...I decided to make my own! Let me tell you what...they were pretty good, but not really worth the effort in my opinion. It took quite a long time to make the dough, roll it out & fry it. I didn't even get to carve my own pumpkin! :( Bummer. So next year, I'm buying them or we're not having them at all.
The Tuesday before Halloween, Steven had a party at the babysitter's. They were able to dress up in their costumes & they even trick-or-treated from each other. I think they had a pretty good time. :) Steven was a frog (inspired by his occastional hopping on the floor & saying "Ribbit! Ribbit!" & Sofia was a "Halloween ballerina" I guess you could say. I didn't really have a specific idea in mind, I just kind of threw some things together. I wanted to get her a cute black tutu & decided to make one instead. It was pretty easy (although time-consuming) & WAY cheap. I also found some cute orange leggings in Target's $1 section so I used those as well.
On Halloween (well Utah's Halloween [Saturday] because Halloween actually fell on Sunday) we went to my sister's house in Sandy. She made really yummy chilli & cornbread (the delicious form that is a mix of yellow cake mix & corn meal) so we ate dinner before we took the kids trick-or-treating. It was SUPER cold & really windy that night so we didn't stay out that long. I was a little bummed for Steven that he didn't get to go out more but then I remembered that he's TWO & doesn't know the difference & that meant less candy he tried to eat. He was super cute in his frog costume & he had a lot of fun going out. He definitely caught on to the whole idea of Halloween!
Sofia hanging out while everyone carves pumpkins
 Steven & Josh carving a pumpkin
 I love how concentrated my niece, Anna, is
 Steven showing off his pumpkin
 Steven in his frog costume at his daycare Halloween party
 The princess & the frog ;)
 Steven & Sofia
 Sofia in her cute Halloween costume :)
 I LOVE the faces she makes!

No comments: