This is somewhat of a follow-up to one of my earlier posts about weight lost/getting healthy. I haven't done very well with my goal so far, I'm embarrassed to admit. Part of that is simple lack of desire to work out. I get bored with the same workout pretty easily. Another big factor, of course, is time. In my current situation, as with most of you out there, I have a limited amount of time during which to work out. For me it's very early in the morning (around 5 am because Sofia gets up around 6 to eat) or late at night (after 10 when Sofia's gone to bed). Some days I have some overlap of naptime...an hour if I'm lucky. I'm pretty good at coming up with excuses to not use those times to work out (tired, other things that are more pressing, etc.). Another thing that make it a little more difficult to be motivated & just doing it is what I like to call, "lack of equipment". I have some workout videos & some free weights. I also have outside. And there is a workout room in our clubhouse where we live. I've used that facility a few times but the major problem with that is their hours. It is only available to use from 2-7 every day. Yeah, ridiculous, I know. Even on the days when I am around to work out during those times, Josh is usually not home & therefore I can't take advantage of that without leaving my kids in the house. Alone. Right.
So because of all that...the inconviences of having kids & trying to work out, I'm missing my old gym membership. I did not like having to pay the membership fee every month & I did not like having a contract. But there's a lot to be said for the variety of the machines, the classes, & the pool. You can also pay a little extra to have the benefit of daycare. That is the biggest obstacle for me & working out: what to do with my kids. I'm definitely considering getting another membership but I am hestitant about the extra money going out every month.
A few people have asked why I don't get a treadmill for my condo. I would definitely love one but I always thought that would be something I would get when we have a bigger place. If/when I have a treadmill at my house, I will want to be able to watch TV or movies while I work out. That's the best way for me to do it. And while technically we have the space for a folding treadmill right now, it would be somewhat inconvienent. There's not really room for it where our TV is so if I wanted to watch TV while I worked out, I'd have to move it into & out of the living room every time I work out. And honestly, if I worked out in a room where there wasn't a TV, I would probably not work out very often. Some may say that's silly & I should just do it anyway, I'm just stating the facts. I know myself & I know that if I will get bored during a workout, I'm going to stop doing it.
I would like peoples' opinions on this. Just continue to do what I'm doing (what little of it I'm doing)...work out with videos & at the clubhouse when I can; join a gym so I can go whenever, even when the kids aren't sleeping; or maybe even buy a treadmill for my house? Also, if anyone knows anyone who is trying to sell a gym membership or treadmill, let me know that too. Thanks! :)
1 comment:
I say find a double jogging stroller and a friend to work out with. I went on many long walks with my kids in a stroller. It maybe to hot right now but it's great to work out and visit with other mommies
Post a Comment