Sunday, June 27, 2010

Goal

So this may be a slightly weird thing to blog about but I've heard that if you tell someone about your goals, you're more likely to accomplish them.  Really, I'm just posting about this on here for my benefit but you're welcome to read if you want :)
What woman out there doesn't have a body-related goal?  Well, I'm no different.  I've never been super skinny or incredibly active.  I love to eat and have always thought I wasn't "big enough" to diet successfully. (I know that's a weird statement, even to myself)  Before I got pregnant with Steven, I was the heaviest I'd ever been in my life.  I'm not going to give specific weights here, not because I really care about other people knowing how much I weigh, but I think weights can be misleading.  And honestly, I don't care so much about the number on the scale as how I feel and look.  During my pregnancy with Steven, I gained 20 pounds.  Fortunately I lost all of that and then some pretty soon after he was born.  I wanted to get into shape after he was born so I worked at it and lost a total of 19 pounds from my starting weight during my pregnancy.  That sounds like a lot, now that I think about it!  I am only 5'1 so 19 pounds is a pretty big deal for me.  I then got pregnant with Sofia and of course took a break from the weight loss thing.  Since I've had her I've lost all of my pregnancy weight and then some.  (I really don't mean to brag, I honestly didn't do anything special to lose the weight.)  At my lowest point since I've had Sofia I had lost 11 pounds from my starting weight of that pregnancy.  I have gone back and forth a little bit and currently I sit at 8 pounds below my starting weight.  I still feel pretty good and I haven't weighed this much since high school but I would really like to see my "ideal" weight one of these days.  I realized that if I didn't start being careful about what I eat and start exercising regularly, I could easily put several pounds back on.  Hence, this post.  I am posting on here to state that my goal is to lose at least 6 pounds before July 31.  I intend to do that by watching what I eat and working out at least every other day.  I will post back here in the beginning of August to report on how I did.  

This is me at about my heaviest point.  This is about 6 months before I got pregnant with Steven and I may have weighed a few pounds more here than I did when I got pregnant.
These next few pictures are a little hard to see what I look like but I don't have any from this time where I'm just standing sideways by myself ;)  This is right before I got pregnant with Sofia, about 19 pounds lighter than when I got pregnant with Steven.
Another shot of me at about the same time as the above picture.
This is me today.  I probably should've been wearing skin-tight workout clothes so you could actually see what I look like ;)

No comments: