Friday, October 30, 2009

ALWAYS wear your seatbelt!!

These pictures were taken Wednesday after a 5-car accident. The guy in the truck (shown below on the left side of the picture) was going at least 50 (but probably much more) when he spilled his drink, looked down to find it & rear-ended the blue car in the picture. The blue car was stopped at a stop light & when the truck hit it, the truck's back end lifted OFF THE GROUND. How fast do you have to be going for an F-350 to LIFT OFF THE GROUND when it hits a substantially smaller car?? As a result of this initial impact, the blue car hit the car in front of it & then was hit again (I'm not sure by which car). 5 cars total were involved in this accident. I guess the front of the blue car looks similar to the back but I don't have pictures of that. Who was in the blue car, you might ask? My mother- & 14-year-old brother-in-law. Fortunately neither was badly injured (just some bumps and bruises; no broken bones or blood!) & no one was in the back seat. Also, VERY fortunately for them, both were wearing their seat belts. Had they not had their seat belts on, the force of the rear impact would have surely sent one or both through the windshield. I am SOO grateful for seat belts!! I always wear mine & I'm posting this to remind everyone to wear theirs!! It may seem like a "hassle" but wouldn't you rather put up with this "hassle" than be dead?
Oh and the best part? The driver at fault (Mr. Black F-350) was driving with NO insurance & a suspended license. The moral of the story: wear your seat belt, only drive legally, & if you spill your drink (or something else), wait until you STOP to get it. Better to be a little wet then cause a 5-car pile-up.

No comments: