About 3 1/2 years ago, my roommate Rachel & I discovered kickboxing at our local gym. The first class we went to that used real kickboxing bags kicked our butt. Literally. Neither of us had worn gloves or wrapped our hands so our knuckles were nice & bloody afterwards. From that first experience, though, I was hooked. If you've never tried it, you really should! From there on out I went to two classes a week on most weeks & even got one of my good friends, Kim, to go with me. After I got married and moved up to the Salt Lake area, I couldn't find a local gym that had a kickboxing class with bags. Because, really, what's the point otherwise? You're just punching air. I for one, find it much more soothing & stress-relieving to punch something (that I won't hurt ;) ). Yesterday, I found the gym I was looking for. The best part? It's close to my house! The day I found it I came home & practically jumped up & down as I told Josh about it. I don't think anyone will quite live up to my first instructor (she really let us beat up that bag!) but it's still great to wrap up my hands & punch that bag again. It may sound silly to some but it really is a great work out & helps me de-stress.
Oh, but did I mention that I'm cancelling my gym membership in about 3 weeks? :/
2 comments:
maybe thats what i need.. to hit something! Where do you go?
WHA-CHA!
Dang I miss going and hitting that bag. BEST WORK OUT EVER!!!
Post a Comment