September was full of lots of fun stuff for me. Steven turned four, one of my friends and I participated in the Dirty Dash, and then another friend and I went to New York City for the weekend.
For those of you who don't know, the dirty dash is basically just a crazy obstacle course. Neither of us had done it but we thought it would be really fun.
Meghann's husband Scott came with us and so he took pictures for us at a few parts of the race.
One of the first obstacles was jumping over hay bales
They had this HUGE slip-n-slide that I was really excited about. Unfortunately, I picked the wrong lane because the girl in front of me got stuck part of the way down. I was going pretty fast but I had to stop myself so I wouldn't run into her.


There was mud and water all throughout the course. This was the last huge mud hole that we had to climb up and through.
See? Big mud hole.
I AM SHE-RA!
After the mud bath
We rock!
The same day that I ran the Dirty Dash, my friend, Amanda and I got on a plane to go to New York City. My friend, Amanda, is one of my surrogate friends, and she was going out to Connecticut for her medical screening. The agency allowed her to take someone with her, so I was able to go.
We were staying in Connecticut but on Sunday we took the train into the city and were able to spend the day. We took the Staten Island Ferry so we could get a view of the Statue of Liberty without actually spending the time or money to see it close-up.
Amanda and I in front of the Wall Street subway station
We were also able to go to the 9/11 Memorial. It was really cool. We are in front of the South Tower Memorial which is in the exact foot print of the building.
Me in front of the "Freedom Tower" aka One World Trade Center that is still under construction
Right outside of Central Park there is a really big round-about. In the middle there is a statue of Christopher Columbus on top of a 75-foot tower. While we were there, an artist put up this really cool exhibit around it. He made a living room around the Columbus statue so you could get an up close and personal look. This is Amanda and I outside of the living room with Central Park West behind us
Inside the exhibit



















No comments:
Post a Comment