Thursday, February 21, 2013

30 Before 30

This is not an original idea, by any means. I was inspired by my friend, Arika, when I saw her list on her blog. I've been meaning to make my own list for a while, but just haven't done it. Several of these I stole from her, but some are from a list of my own that I started in college. That list idea was also stolen (this time from my roommate, Rachel) but it is a life-long list with no time frame on it. These things are not in any particular order; some are serious and some are silly but all things that I really want to do. A few are things I've already done, but either they were important things that I had been thinking about doing for a long time and/or I want to do them again. I turn 30 in November of 2015 so I have a little less than 3 years to complete these goals.
My 100-thing scrap book
 #1. On my list was "Have children". Obviously I've had more than one, I just haven't updated it yet.

30 before 30

*Go snowboarding (I've been once but I didn't do well at all and want a do-over)
*See the Grand Canyon
*Go on a cruise (I have done this one - post about it soon - but I do want to go on another one, either before I'm 30 or for my 30th birthday)
*Start a garden
*Take a cooking class with Josh
*Start a surrogacy-resource website (with a few of my good friends)
*Ask 12 people their favorite book and read it (I got this idea here)
*Take another girls’ trip
*Have another baby
*Have a weekly date with Josh (I'm not sure if this one has a time frame, but I want to do this for a least a few months in a row, even if it's just a date at home after the kids are in bed)
*Anonymously pay for a stranger’s meal or leave 100% tip (I've thought about doing this as a tradition around Christmastime)
*Crochet or knit something
*Reach my goal weight & stay within +/- 5 lbs for 3 months (I reached a goal weight I had set for myself this past October but only stayed there for about a week before starting to gain weight, post to come)
*Move into a bigger place
*Throw a [housewarming] party in our new place
*Buy a “family” car (This already happened but it was a big deal. You can read about it here)
*Go on family trips
*Run a 10k
*Attend the temple every week for 6 months
*Make my children’s Halloween costumes (at least one year)
*Milk a cow
*See “Wicked” (This has happened, too, but it's something I've wanted to do for a really long time and I want to see it again. Read this post.)
*Do a “Secret Santa” with my kids for another family
*Do at least one random act of kindness every day for a week
*Try something I said I’d never try
*Buy a sewing machine
*Complete at least 5 sewing projects
*Refinish a piece of furniture
*Go jet skiing
*Read all of the Doctrine & Covenants

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Ha! we are so alike! I've started a 30 before 30 too! only I have 1 year to complete it.