Tuesday, May 15, 2012
Hot Pants
A few weeks before I went to Women's Conference and heard that talk that really changed my perspective on things like weight loss and body image, I saw a Groupon for some Zaggora Hot Pants (pictured above). I had seen this Groupon about a year before and had been intrigued then, but didn't get them. When I saw them this time, though, I had a Groupon credit so I decided to get them. They ended up only being $20, so I figured, why not? The pants are called "Hot Pants" because they are supposed to make you sweat and therefore lose more weight than you would wearing normal work out clothing. They also claim to focus on slimming down your waist/thigh/glute region, and, like most women, that's where I wanted to focus.
They came in the mail after I had decided to stop worrying so much about my weight and focus on how I look/feel. In the past, I have had similar epiphanies, just never in such a profound way as this time. One thing similar about those times in the past and this time now, is that whenever I decide I don't care about how much I weigh, I really only care about how I look and feel, subconsciously (or consciously), I kind of feel like that realization also lets me off the hook from working out and watching what I eat. Once I start to feel like that, I swing in the opposite direction and kind of lose all motivation. I started to feel that way a little bit when after I heard that talk. It's a bit different this time, in that I really enjoy working out right now and have a good routine I like to do, however, I did really kind of stop watching what I ate and I have been eating a lot more goodies than I probably should have lately.
When you purchase these shorts, they encourage you to do a "2-week challenge" where you weigh and measure yourself at the beginning of the 2 weeks, then they suggest you wear the shorts often, work out, and eat less, and then weigh and measure yourself at the end of 2 weeks. I didn't weigh myself at the beginning of this, but I did measure myself. I don't have such a weird relationship with my measurements as I do with my weight. I don't have any set numbers in mind when I weigh myself, I just like to see concrete evidence that my body is changing (hopefully in the way I want it to!). So as a disclaimer before I "reveal" the results, the two weeks in which I did this challenge were not really "normal" for me. I worked out every day the first week, although the work outs were different because I was "training" (I use that term very loosely) for a 5K (later post). The second week, though, I only worked out 3 times because of something that happend on Friday the 4th (also in a later post). Also, I wasn't really watching what I was eating. I usually eat a pretty good breakfast and lunch, but dinner is not always good, and I was eating sweets left and right. With all those considerations in mind, I am pretty pleased with the outcome after 2 weeks.
After 2 weeks I:
-lost 1/8 inch off my waist
-lost 1/2 inch off my stomach/hips
-lost 1/2 inch off one thigh & 1/4 inch off the other
I had definitely been feeling like my stomach/hips were smaller and it's nice to see that I wasn't just imagining things! I am planning on doing another 2 week challenge starting today, but this time I don't have any crazy things going on in the foreseeable future, and I plan on going back to my normal workout/eating routine. I'll post in 2 weeks about that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment