Saturday, August 13, 2011

Follow-up

Writing my recent post entitled "Stay at Home Mom Blues" was very cathartic for me.  What changes take place are of course of my own doing, but it felt very good to vent.  Sometimes I still feel the same was as I did when I wrote the post, but lately I've been feeling a lot better about things in general.  I had several people leave some great comments that were very helpful.  It makes me feel better to know that I'm not the only one out there who feels the way I do about staying at home.  Some of those who commented also left some great websites for me to check out that they found helpful.  Here are those:
At the first website, you can sign up to have emails sent to you daily, weekly, monthly, etc. (you choose how often you want to get them) with activities you can do with your kids.  When you request to have these emails sent to you, you enter your kids' gender & birthday & the emails are customized to their age & gender.  The activities are all really simple but teach your kids different things (motor skills, letters/numbers, etc.).  Some of the things I already do with my kids but a lot of them are really easy things that I wouldn't have thought of doing.  We tried one about a week ago & Steven loved it!  It was for his age but Sofia got into it, too.  It's interesting to watch them do the same activity because you can definitely tell that they are at different levels developmentally but they still both enjoy it. 
Here are some pictures from the aforementioned activity.  One bowl was full of water & the idea was to get a sponge full of the water & squeeze it out into the other bowl.  Steven tried to explain it to Sofia, which was really cute, but she prefered just to splash in it.
The second link has lots of different mostly paper based activities.  I especially like the ones that focus on one letter.  They have different coloring & letter activities based on each letter which is pretty cool.
Like I said before, I am very grateful that I am able to stay home with my kids almost all of the time.  They really do mean so much to me.  Sometimes it is overwhelming but it's important to just take it one day at a time & remember that you don't have to be super mom all of the time.  To all those moms out there (especially myself), remember to take time for youself, don't be too hard on yourself, give yourself a break once in a while if the house isn't spotless, & always make sure that your kdis know how much you love them!  Because afterall, that's why we do the hardest job in the word, right??

No comments: