Tuesday, March 1, 2011

10 Months

It's been quite a while since I've posted any updates about Sofia so I thought I would do one now since she'll be 10 months old tomorrow. At her 9 month appointment at the beginning of February she weighed 16 lbs 2 oz. She'd only gained about a pound since her last visit at 6 months. Her doctor didn't seem too concerned but he did tell me to start putting butter on stuff & making sure she is getting enough formula. I don't know if she's gained much weight so far but I am definitely putting butter on just about everything ;)

Here are some new things that are going on with her:
-She's now eating pretty much solid "table foods" exclusively. She still has baby yogurt pretty much every morning but other than that she basically just eats what we eat. I steam vegetables almost every night with dinner & she loves to just grab a carrot stick or piece of broccoli & go to town (smothered with butter of course ;) ). She loves fruits, too, & I'll give her a bowl with blueberries & she'll pop them in her mouth, one after another. I love seeing her try new foods! I didn't really steam a lot of veggies when Steven was this age so he didn't get to experience them in that way until more recently. I'm glad I'm doing it this way with Sofia.
-Sofia is such a Mama's girl! (Still...she's been that way for awhile!) Whenever I come into the room she gets super excited (she'll start bouncing up & down or start crawling really fast towards me) which makes me feel very loved :) However, once I've picked her up it's very hard to put her down again because she then likes to whine at me. If I leave the room & she's not thoroughly distracted, she'll start crawling after me & start half crying/half whining at the same time. She'll even sometimes stop & put her head down a little & cry as though her world has ended because I am not holding her. It's cute in a pathetic way that only children can master in my opinion :)
-She started crawling when we were in Arizona at my sister's the last week of January. I think that she would've started crawling more if we had carpet at our house. The wood floors at our condo I think made it a little hard for her to start the crawling business. She's now a total pro! She is starting to pull herself up onto things all over the place so I'm sure she'll be walking soon enough.
-Her hair is now long enough to put into two pigtails at the top of her head. It is probably the cutest thing in the whole world! She absolutely hates it when I do her hair but I totally love them. I love that she's starting to get enough hair to do things do. :)
-Her favorite means of affection is grabbing onto your hair & trying to eat your face. Seriously, she will bite your face if you let her. Today when I picked the kids up from their babysitter's, the babysitter told me a funny story. They have a rather large dog (I'm not sure what kind but it's about the size of a labrador) & for a long time Sofia was very much afraid of it. If it even so much as looked at her she would burst into tears. Apparently today she went up to the dog, sat right next to it, grabbed his ears & tried to give him her version of a kiss/eat-your-face. Afterwards, the dog proceeded to lick her face, & I'm sure the dog's tongue is about as big as her face, but apparently she loved it. What a funny kid :)
I really haven't been good at posting pictures lately but here are some ones of Sofia from the past few months.
This picture is actually about 2 months old.  I told you I was bad at this!

 I don't know if you can really tell, but this was her first ever ponytail :)
 Sofia during bath time.  Seriously, cutest baby ever ;)
 Steven & Sofia in the bath
 So cute. Need I say more?
 Steven & Sofia at Thanksgiving.  Sofia really loves her brother :)
 Steven helping me feed Sofia
 I just thought this picture was adorable :)

No comments: