2011 is going to bring a lot of new & big changes for my little family. It's going to be a busy year but I'm excited for it :)
First off, at the beginning on January I switched jobs. I have been wanting a night job for a while so I could be home more with my kids. In December I got a job offer for a night job at Primary Children's Medical Center & I took it. I was really sad to leave my job at Drs. Tanner & Smith but it really best for myself & my family. I got an increase in pay & I have to pay a lot less in daycare (Steven & Sofia still go to daycare in the morning after I've worked a night shift so I can sleep) so I'm brining home a lot more & am able to stay home with my kids more. PCMC offers great insurance but it was a LOT of money (we're talking about 1/2 of each paycheck) to insure my whole family so we decided not to get more coverage for them. I was kind of bummed about that but what can you do? I like my new job but I think my nursing passion is still in the OB/GYN field.
Secondly, Josh decided to take charge of our finances & paying the bills. I wasn't expecting that to happen but he came up with a really detailed budget on his iPad (gotta love the iPad! ;) ) which shows a long-term view rather than just a limited short-term view. It's really good to see where all of our money is going & where we will be in 6 months or a year. I was a bit hesitant to the idea of Josh taking over the money but I'm really glad he did.
Next, this Spring I'm planning on applying to the LPN program through Mountain Land Applied Technology College in Utah County. The program starts in August & is only 2 semesters so hopefully I will get in & be able to start that this year. After that, I can go through an LPN to RN program that is another 2 semesters. My friend went through that program and recommended it to me. It's not exactly the traditional route but I think it will be the best way to go for me. That's the plan, anyway, unless some unforseen event happens in the next few months.
Another thing is in the works but I'm not going to mention it prematurely & spoil it ;)
Any way you slice it, it's going to be a crazy year but I'm super excited & ready for it!
No comments:
Post a Comment