Friday, May 8, 2009

Holding Angels

I am going to try to make this blog as private as possible out of respect for those involved. However, I wanted to share because it had such a huge impact on me.
On Wednesday, May 6th, my newest little nephews were born. They were only 22 weeks old, weighing about a pound each. They were too little to survive. We are all stunned, shocked, & deeply saddened at this loss. I was able to hold them for a few minutes & I've never experienced anything quite like it. As the volunteer photographer so eloquently put it, "Now you know what it feels like to hold angels." (*A special little side note to all those volunteer photographers out there who specialize in these situations: I am so amazed at what you do! It brings a little bit of comfort knowing those babies can be remembered in a more concrete way. Thank you!*)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sweet and tender. I am so sorry for your sis in laws loss. I love the Now you lay me down to sleep organization! The phototgraphers do an AMAZING job!

Arika said...

I am so sorry! Let me know if you guys need anything.