Wow, it's been almost 5 months since her birthday, and I am just NOW posting about it. Must get better about blogging!
Sofia on her birthday helping me make her special breakfast. Notice her special birthday crown, too :)
We made pink pancakes because she loves pink, of course!
Getting ready to blow out her breakfast candle. Love this picture!
She loves strawberries and whipped cream (just like her Mommy).
Steven wanted to get in on the fun, too.
Two (now three) of Sofia's cousins were born the day after she was (and the third cousin was born within a week of her birth day), so we decided to do a triple birthday party this year. I volunteered to make the cakes. Here they are lined up waiting to be decorated.
The finished products. Nothing too fancy, but very tasty. I am pretty picky about frosting, so I'd rather have a cake that may look simple but tastes better than have a cake with a frosting that I won't eat. It was fun making these, though!
The bouncehouse we rented for the party
The three birthday kids
She just dug right in
Enjoying her ice cream. It was so funny to watch her lick her ice cream cone. She did it very slowly and thoroughly (as the next pictures show)
Bringing her tongue back into her mouth slowly
Just a cute picture
The cupcakes I made for the adults
The finished product. Not super fancy looking but they were good! The pink frosting is a fluffy strawberry one and then it's dipped in chocolate. So good!
The original recipe for cupcakes (and much better pictures) can be found here. This blog is my go-to blog now if I'm looking for a good recipe. Everything I've made off of there has been great and many of the recipes have now become staples at our house.


















No comments:
Post a Comment