Saturday, September 22, 2012

Easter

This year for Holidays I have been trying to make them more special. Some attempts are more successful than others. Here are pictures from the week or so before Easter.
Every year our condo association puts on a Easter egg hunt. It's pretty fun for the kids. The eggs are empty inside but everyone gets a bag of candy and a toy at the end. Like last year, it was pretty cold this year, but still fun.
Steven, Sofia & I in front of the blow-up bunny.
 
The next few pictures are from ideas that I got off of Pinterest (yes, I AM addicted to that website, just like everyone else ;) )
This is of an Easter egg hunt that we did for Family Home Evening one night. There were 12 eggs (I think) and each had something inside that represented something about the meaning behind Easter (the Atonement, Resurrection, etc.). I don't think the kids really got much out of it, but it'll definitely be a repeat for us.
I only have this picture, none of the stuff inside the eggs.
Another day we did an Easter egg hunt for the kids lunches. I thought it was a really cute idea and the kids really enjoyed finding all the eggs. Plus, their lunches are never this "extravagant" so that was fun for them, too.
Steven looking for his eggs
Sofia finding her eggs
Checking out what's inside
Ahh! She's getting so big! When did this happen??
Another thing we did was color some Easter eggs to put on our door
Not shown here: the Easter egg hunt we did at my in-laws. I don't know why I didn't get any pictures, but they had a blast at that one, too! :)

1 comment:

Trisha said...

I love that Easter egg lunch hunt idea. I am so going to do that next Easter. Genius!