Wednesday, August 15, 2012

January & February

Because I am sooooo behind on blogging, I'm just going to add a bunch of pictures & then do a caption for each.
Steven & Sofia wanted to blow bubbles, but I didn't want a huge mess on my floor, so they went to the bath tub.

This picture is mostly just to show how much she loves her stuffed squirrel. It's from the couple I worked with during my surrogacy; it's an "official NYC squirrel". She drags that thing around everywhere!


Josh & I waiting to see Brian Regan at the end of January. Every time we've seen him, I've been 8 months pregnant. Weird, huh? He's awesome! We love seeing him live :)

 Steven sticking his fingers under his door during time-out
Sofia moving on from coloring on paper to coloring on herself
Even though they fight and drive each other crazy, they still love each other! :)
These next few pictures are just to illustrate how silly Steven can be. He is always making faces or using weird voices. He's a lot like his dad... ;)
Steven flying his first kite
One afternoon at the end of February, Josh was putting Steven down for a nap. He was playing around and flung himself backwards to land on his pillow. This time, however, he hit his head on his headboard (it has a VERY sharp edge), and started crying really hard. I went in there and picked him up and noticed my cheek was wet after he'd put his head on my shoulder. I looked at the back of his head and he was bleeding a ton. We couldn't tell how deep the cut was or anything, so we wrapped his head to stop the bleeding so we could see if it needed stitches.
After a while, we looked at his head, and I decided to take him into the local Instacare. They took him back and put some numbing gel on his cut and then let us sit out in the waiting room for a while to let it work. The nurse called him Kung Fu Panda with the red head band, so he liked that. 
The doctor decided to put in staples instead of stitches because it's faster, and his hair will cover up the scar, so it didn't need to be super pretty. Steven didn't feel anything because the numbing gel really worked! He was a little freaked out that he couldn't see what the doctor was doing. A popsicle at the end made it all better, though! :)

1 comment:

Denise said...

Chantel, I can't believe how big Steven and Sofia are. The last time I saw them Sofia was barely walking. They are adorable!