Friday, April 27, 2012

Race for the Cure

So a group of my good friends and I have decided to start a team to participate in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure here in SLC on May 12th. Breast cancer is disease that I know touches so many lives. When I think of the Race for the Cure, I don't just think of breast cancer. When I worked at Primary Children's Medical Center, I worked in the ICS (Immunocompromised Unit) a lot. It wasn't just for kids with cancer, but those kids made up the majority of the population. I'd never seen cancer up close before and working there definitely changed my perspective on it. Cancer can be a devastating disease that no one should have to go through, and no one should have to watch their loved one go through it. I also have a dear, dear friend who battled ovarian cancer and has now been cancer free for over SEVEN years. I am doing this for her and for everyone out there who has battled cancer, will battle it, or has been affected by it.
I don't want this to be my soap box, but if anyone wants to donate, no matter how small, to this amazing cause, that would be awesome! Just go here to donate if you would like to.

No comments: