Okay, so looking back at some of my posts, I've come to realize that I don't always follow through with some of my goals or resolutions. That being said, I have a new goal! And since this goal will only last a week, I think I have a good chance to accomplishing it! ;)
This past Thursday (as in 2 days ago), I was at my sister's house babysitting her kids. On her coffee table she had this book called "The Belly Fat Cure". (You can look at the website that goes along with the book here if you really want to.) The basis of the book is quick weight loss (at least during the first week you do it) by virtually cutting out sugars but continuing to eat "good" carbs (whole grains, stuff with lots of fiber, etc.). Lately I've noticed myself gaining a few pounds. I am able to maintain my weight if I pay attention to it, but while I wasn't paying attention to it, a good 5-7 lbs crept up on me. The concept behind the book does make some sense & I like the idea of losing "belly fat" (the book promises you a reduced waistline) so I figured I could try it for a week. There is one main ideology in this book that I don't agree with: basically that all sugar is bad & therefore you should basically cut out all fruits & a lot of vegetables because they contain fructose & you can get those nutrients in supplement form. I am a firm believer in eating a colorful plate (lots of colorful fruits & veggies with your meal) & that fruits & vegetables should make up a large portion of your diet. After this week, I am definitely not going to stick to the "no fruits & hardly any veggies" rule. Cutting out a chunk of refined sugar? That I'm okay with. I have made up a meal plan for the next 7 days & plan to follow it to the letter. If I can see exactly what I should be eating, I think I'll have an easier time sticking to it. Also, I plan on working out every day as well so that should help, too. We'll see how it goes! I'm hoping for good results. :)
1 comment:
SO, I am Dying to know, how did it go???
Post a Comment