I don't actually have any pictures for this post, sorry!
On Christmas Eve morning we went to my sister's house & had a brunch. We did this last year & decided to continue it whenever we can. My brother & sister-in-law were also there with their family. I'm not sure where Ginelle got the idea, but the main part of brunch is awesome. She gets a pizza from Papa Murphy's without any sauce on it. Just cheese & veggies. Then, the morning of, she scrambles up some eggs, pours them on the pizza & bakes it that way. It's a way easy, & way yummy, pizza quiche! After the food we were able to talk to my younger brother, Marc, via Skype. It was such a great idea & so fun to talk to him! He's in Hawaii going to school so we don't see him often obviously. I love technology. :)
When we got home, Josh's body decided that it wanted to be sick. He was throwing up & feeling miserable. His brother & wife were hosting a Christmas Eve dinner that Josh didn't get to go to, unfortunately. I took the kids, though, & we had a good time. Chirin made awesome traditional German food, it was very yummy! Being there without Josh made me realize that I am so glad that I am not a single parent! Handling two kids, even if well-behaved, is not so much fun.
Christmas morning Josh was feeling better so we were able to go to his parents for presents & a family brunch. I didn't want to wake the kids up early & I didn't want to rush through opening presents, so we just did stockings & then went to Josh's parents' house. We did presents & then his mom's side of the family came over for brunch. It was really good & lots of fun :)
When we got home, the kids went down for a nap so we didn't start opening our own presents until about 5 pm. I don't think we'd be able to get away with that when our kids are older... Josh had been thinking that he may have eaten something bad the day before & that's why he had been sick, but half way through opening presents, my body decided it wanted to be sick. I don't think I've ever thrown up so much in one day before! I am so glad I don't have bad morning sickness when I'm pregnant!
The Monday following Christmas, we headed up to a family reunion for Josh's Dad's family in a place called Altamont, Utah. Never heard of it, you say? Neither had I. It's near Duschene. Don't know where that is, either? Neither did I. I had heard of that one, though. It's about an hour and a half east of Heber. (Honestly, my first thought was "There's something in Utah that's an hour and a half east Heber??" I guess I was thinking that Heber was a lot further east than it is...) All of Josh's immediate family (his Dad & brothers), along with a few other families, stayed in one lodge while the rest of the ginormous clan stayed at a bigger lodge about 15 minutes away. The place where we stayed was really nice & we had free yummy breakfast every morning, but it would've been nice to not have to drive 15 minutes one way every day to go to the other place. There is just no way to get a group that size in one place, though, so we made due. It was a lot of fun. Most of our little group (Josh's immediate family) got sick while there or were already sick so that made things a little interesting. I had thrown up on Christmas and then, lucky me, I got a cold while we were there. It wasn't that bad but I still haven't quite thrown it. Although, come to think of it, I probably no longer have a cold, it's probably just this thing they like to call "air" that I'm breathing around here that's messing me up. (Oh, yes, Salt Lake City was ranked NUMBER 1 on the Nation's Cities with the Dirtiest Air list - yay us) Anyway, sorry for the tangent. Our Christmas and New Years were both great and I'm so glad we got to spend time with our familes! I hope everyone enjoyed theirs as well :)
No comments:
Post a Comment