Thursday, February 26, 2009
Abreviations
Now and again, Josh & I will talk about baby names and which ones we like or dislike. One of my favorite names for a boy is Jackson (or Jaxon). Every time I mention it, however, Josh claims that most people will shorten Jackson to Jack & he doesn't like Jack. I tell him he's crazy & people don't shorten Jackson, but he's convinced that if you went up to a stranger & asked them how you would shorten Jackson "more than 50% would say they would shorten it to 'Jack'". Today, I asked him what he thought about the name Caroline. He thought people would call a girl named that Carol. I told him again that he was crazy & that if they shortened it, it would more likely be to Carrie. Now in order to more satisfy both of us, we would like to take a poll. Please comment and tell me if you would shorten Jackson & Caroline, & if so, to what. Please respond with your first gut instinct :) Thanks! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I would probably call Jackson, Jack for short and I would call Caroline...Caroline! But I could see someone shortening that to Carol or something else.
Thanks! I was so glad that I was able to get them done! It was so much fun too!!!
I would probably only shorten the names if I knew them very well. I wouldn't shorten Jackson, but I would probably be tempted to call Caroline "Carrie".
Post a Comment