It's been a month. At times, a very frustrating month. In my previous post, I had set a weight-loss goal. My ultimate goal, by November 1st, is to have lost 15 lbs. My goal for October 1st was to be able to fit into my favorite pair of jeans again.
Well...
I did not reach my first goal. Technically, I can put those jeans on, but they certainly do not fit. They are still too tight, so I will save you from seeing that ;) As of October 1st, I have lost a grand total of ONE pound. That's right, only ONE pound in almost a month. As you may guess, I'm not too excited about that. And it's not for lack of trying. Ever since I wrote that "Goals" post, I have been working out for at least an hour, 3-5 times a week. I have been trying to watch what I eat, and have been following the same Weight Watchers plan as I have in the past, the same plan that I've had success with. I will be the first to admit, I haven't been perfect, but for the most part, I have been really trying to stay within my points most days of the week. The last 10 days - 2 weeks, I've been really good at staying within my points every day except for one or two "cheat" days. Still, nothing. I don't know what the deal is. I know I just had my 4th pregnancy, and I guess people say that it's harder to lose the weight after each pregnancy. Maybe that's true, maybe that's an excuse, I don't know. Maybe I'm deluding myself into thinking I'm doing better than I am. The only thing I can think of, besides the fact that maybe I'm not doing as well as I think I am, is maybe it has something to do with my birth control. I've never had a weight gaining problem with any birth control that I've been on before, at least not one that I've noticed. I went on a new birth control in the middle of August, and around that time is when I started gaining weight. At that same time, I also stopped pumping, and at first, I was not watching what I was eating. However, I've changed my eating habits significantly since then, and still haven't been able to lose the weight, so I don't think it's the pumping thing. I am going to switch birth controls next week and we'll see if that makes a difference. I really hope it does, because part of me is even more discouraged than I was last month. It's been hard on me when I feel like I'm making all these changes, but I don't see any results. That same part is even less motivated because I want to start trying to get pregnant soon, so I think, "What's the point?" The other part of me is more determined to lose the weight, and I really do want to lose some weight before I get pregnant. I guess all I can do is keep plugging along.
The TEENY silver lining in all this, is that even though I have only lost ONE pound, I have lost a little bit in my measurements. Since September 15th, I've lost almost 1/4 inch in my waist, 1/2 inch around my "stomach" (where my biggest pooch is), almost 1/2 inch around my hips, and almost 1/2 inch around my thighs. It does help to see that there has been a little change.
No comments:
Post a Comment