Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Baby Basics
I have some friends that are expecting their first child in February. We were talking & the soon-to-be-mom was saying that they had recently completed their baby registry & how she felt a little overwhelmed at all the stuff there is to buy. I told her that you don't really need all of the stuff that they try to sell you in those stores. She said that she had been told that before but no one had ever actually said what you do need. They are the first in both of their families to have any children & also one of the first of their friends to start having kids, so they haven't been around babies a ton. I thought it would be nice to make a list of tips, tricks & things you actually do need for them. I'd love to hear ideas from any one who is willing to share! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Get a good, big stroller for long, fun outside time. But also get an umbrella stroller for quick trips. A front carrier or sling is also great for activities and around the house. If you're breast feeding get an electric pump and reusable breast pads. The disposable ones chafe. Now whether, you're breast feeding, or bottle feeding, a bottle warmer is very helpful.
I think the bouncy seat is essential for a happy baby. You can place it where ever you are and see and enteract with the baby, yet be hands free to go to the bathroom, wash dishes, cook,type on the computer or phone, whatever.
the thing that is ESSENTIAL and can take the place of a LOT of the other bulky and expensive items is a baby SLING or wrap, I sew them if she'd like something custom made, but there are plenty of places to buy them online as well (google baby sling or wrap)
Post a Comment