Woo! One hundred posts! Now on to the real stuff:
Here I am at 39 1/2 weeks (I believe this was 6 days before I had the baby). I was definitely ready by this point!

So here's the story of how our little baby girl came into the world. My doctor allowed me to be induced without a medical reason because this was my second baby. I didn't want to be induced before my due date so I ended up getting on the schedule on April 28th (2 days past my due date...I know I waited SO long! ;) ). At about 7:30 in the morning on the 28th I got to the hospital. It took about an hour or so to get me all set up, ask me a bunch of questions, & get an IV in me. A little before 9 my doctor came in to break my water & start me on pitocin. About a half an hour later the contractions started. I was ready to wait quite a long time again because with Steven I was in labor for 18 hours. I was hoping for a 12 hour labor this time (6 hours less than last time seemed like a good thing). Around 10:30 the nurse came in and asked if I wanted my epidural yet because the anesthesiologist was going to be in a C-section from noon-1 so it was either then or wait. What can I say? I'm a wuss & I like the drugs so I got the epidural then. Around 12 the nurse checked me & I was dilated to 6 centimeters. I was pretty excited about that amount of progress. 45 minutes later she came in again to change the type of monitor that kept progress of the baby's heart rate & my contractions. She checked me again & said, "Nope! Never mind, you're complete. You're going to have this baby now!" I was in total shock. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that I would go that fast! Looking back, I was starting to feel pretty weird a bit before this point. Had I any inkling that I might be that far dilated I would've realized that the baby was very close to coming out. Next time I definitely have to watch for that because if the nurse hadn't come in when she did, I may have had the baby without the doctor! At this point the nurse called my doctor to let him know what was going on & had me start to push. I only got about half a push out when she told me to stop. My doctor showed up and three contractions later, she was out! From the time my contractions started until she came out was about 4 hours. Can you believe that?! I go from an 18 hour labor with my first one to 4 hours with my second! If this pattern continues (or even if my labors are now only 4 hours each time), I definitely need to be quick about getting to the hosptial next time!
We decided to name her Sofia Lynae (Lynae is my middle name). She was born on April 28, 2010 at 1:21 in the afternoon. She weighed 6 lbs 11 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. Here are some pictures for your enjoyment :)
Josh holding her when she was just minutes old
Josh giving Sofia her first bath. He was pretty excited about this because he didn't get to give Steven his first.
Not so happy about this whole water thing...
...but apparently the head washing wasn't so bad...
Josh's dad holding Sofia
Steven meeting his sister for the first time
Steven really likes his baby sister
Sofia Lynae. Nice face, huh? ;)
Josh with his baby girl
Kristin & Brooke from work coming to visit
Trisha from work
Shaylynn...I think this made her a little baby hungry ;)









1 comment:
I loved being induced! I went from nothing to 10 in about 5 hours, too! Then two easy pushes and she was out! Maybe girls are just easier to give birth to ;) Congratulations, I have been checking your blog almost every day so I could see a picture of her. Hope everything is going alright for you!
Post a Comment