Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Steven James Pendleton

Steven James

Well, a little less than 3 weeks ago Josh and I welcomed the first of our new little family! He was born on 9/11 (easy to remember right?) @ 3:19 pm after a lovely 18 hours of labor. Technically, I had contractions before then but I didn't really go into active, hard labor until about 9:30 the night before (hence the 18 hours of labor). I really didn't feel much of anything during the labor, though, and the 18 hours really didn't seem that long. I got an epidural a few hours after I got to the hospital and from there on out I was a very happy camper. I highly recommend getting an epidural! I knew they were good but I didn't know they were THAT good! I really didn't feel much of anything the majority of the time, even when I was pushing. So yes, epidural = good :)

Steven weighed 6 lbs 4 oz and was 19 inches long. He's been a great baby from the start and already almost sleeps all the way through the night (I only have to get up twice a night). I am so grateful that everything from my pregnancy to my labor to Steven's tempermant went so well. I'm sure my next baby won't be so nice to me...I'm sure I'll have to pay for the easiness of this one sooner or later... :/

4 comments:

Jacobson said...

Yay!!! I'm so excited that you have a blog now! It will be fun to see the pics that you post and tell about all the fun things going on in your life. This gets a little addicting so be careful, LOL

Rachel said...

Yea for blogs! Of course you need one now that you have a baby. :-P
Hey we're gonna be around Salt Lake for my appointment Friday (the 3rd). Can we come for a visit? By the way, I have those two marriage books you let me borrow when I first got married. :-)

Kerri Jex said...

He is SO SO cute! COngratulations! This is Kerri (Krause) Jex by the way :) I'm glad you've joined the blogging world!

Anonymous said...

I said the EXACT same thing when I had Helena... she was SUCH an easy baby and like never cried - but now she kinda screams NON STOP and is ridiculously high maintenance haha! She's still a pretty awesome toddler though! Beebs is a pretty okay baby too... except she doesn't take a pacifier and that DRIVES ME NUTS! & the fact that Helena is almost 2 (next month!) and still completely attached to her binky.. ugh!